Integrated Marketing Communications key features
IMC or Integrated Marketing Communications is the philosophy and practice of carefully coordinating a brand’s sundry marketing communications elements. The concept of IMC is define as the communication process that entails the planning, creation, integration and implementation of diverse forms of marketing communications that are delivered overtime to a brand’s targeted customer and prospect. The goal of IMC is to ultimately influence or directly affect the behavior of the targeted audience.
IMC has five key features;
1. The process should start with the customer or prospect and then work back to the brand (identity) communicator in determining the most appropriate messages and media for informing, persuading and inducing customers and prospects to act as planned towards the brand.
2. Use any form of relevant contact, IMC uses all forms of communication as potential message delivery channels. Advertisers sometimes refer to this as “360-degree branding.”
3. Achieve Synergy, IMC success falls on the fact that all communication elements must strive to present the same brand message and convey that message across all diverse channels, or points of contact. In other words the brand must “speak with a single voice.”
4. The fourth belief is that successful marketing communication requires a business to build relationships between brand and the customers.
5. Affect behavior is the final goal of IMC. This means that marketing must do more than just influence brand awareness or enhance consumer’s attitudes towards the brand. Instead, successful IMC requires that communication efforts be directed at encouraging some form of behavioral response.
You might also like
I am a college student who will considerby -potential-freelancing
As a possibility in my future. I just need to be prepared and by no means am I a pro with years of industry experience. Should I choose marketing or public relations/communications as a freelance profession?
The situation is that I'm studying corporate communications, mainly PR. Because I am going to graduate Spring 2011, I have to pick my next classes carefully. After filling in my requirements schedule I found that I will only have one extra important class to take and my choices are:
1. Public Relations Writing - press releases, written material, speeches
Integrated communication offers competitive edge. (includes related articles): An article from: Bank Marketing
Book (Bank Marketing Assn.)
WVU Draws Marketing Talent for 'Integrate 2014' Conference — WBOY-TV
The conference began Friday afternoon with a presentation from the integrated marketing communications director of NASCAR, David Higdon. "Given that there's always a different way to interact with people, the fact is that we want to be much more ..
Charting a course with strategic marketing. (bank marketing)(includes related article on multi-branding in the financial services industry)(Cover Story): An article from: Bank Marketing
Book (Bank Marketing Assn.)
Integrating planned giving. (includes related article on an integrated program): An article from: Fund Raising Management
Book (Hoke Communications, Inc.)
EasyN FS-613A-M136 Wireless WiFi Pan/Tilt IP Camera Two-Way Audio, Email FTP Motion Alert, Remote Mobile View, DDNS, UPNP, 64 Channel Software, Windows & Mac Compatible
PC Accessory (EasyN USA)
Nady 151VRHT Professional Wireless Handheld Microphone Systems For Camcorders
Musical Instruments (Nady Systems. Inc.)