Examples of Integrated Marketing Communications
Incorporating the 4Cs of integrating digital marketing into marketing campaigns
Do you know the “4Cs” of integrated campaigns? When thinking about how to create a successful integrated marketing campaign, Pickton and Broderick’s 4 Cs explained in their book Integrated Marketing Communications can be a handy test. They outline the four key concerns that need to be addressed in order to give your campaign a chance of reaching its goals. The 4Cs are:
- Coherence – different communications are logically connected?
- Consistency – multiple messages support and reinforce, and are not contradictory?
- Continuity – communications are connected and consistent through time?
- Complementary – synergistic, or the sum of the parts is greater than the whole?
In this post we take a look at three high-profile campaigns, and offer an insight into their results related to the 4Cs .
02: Be More Dog
O2’s foray into 4G advertising asked us “to be more dog”. The overall message of the campaign is that life in the digital 21st century is amazing, there are countless things around that should amaze and inspire us, but we have become too jaded by experience to appreciate the multitude of opportunities afforded us by technology. In short, we’ve become too cat (disinterested and aloof) while we should be embracing our inner dog (energised, interested and excited by the possibilities of every day life).
- Coherence. From print ads and TV commercials to interactive games that allow you to throw a frisbee from your smartphone to the cat on your PC and or sending dog bombs to your friends, all communications adhere to the simple central premise – to take life by the scruff and make the most of opportunities.
- Consistency. Once again the strong central premise allowed comms across a series platforms to adhere to key points. TV advertising slots drove viewers to bemoredog.com where quizzes a quiz determine how dog they were and then share the results through social channels. The aided reach and engagement and helped the launch ad achieve 385, 000 YouTube views in the first 48 hours.
- Continuity. While the campaign changed over time the strong central premise and it’s application across platforms allowed long-term continuity. In fact, the creative was used as a basis for a £7million above the line campaign to launch 02’s revamped Priority app.
- Complimentary. The considered interaction of communications across platforms allowed a momentum to grow and helped the campaign gain a wider audience through social media and sharing.
If you haven’t seen the video launching the campaign, check it out, it’s a great piece of work.
American Express: Small Business Saturday
Promoted online and offline to American Express cardholders and businesses using Amex, the aim was to get people back into their main street or high street and to support smaller, local stores. A full pack of resources was created for business owners, providing a consistent brand image, ready to go material and enabling entire communities to participate.
You might also like
Peoples Bark News Berkeleyby johnvance
Inkworks Press has created 2 windowsigns ----
'Justice, not Vengeance/Let us not become the evil that we deplore' and 'Hate Free Community/Stop Racist Attacks.'
We've also made flyers of Barbara Lee's speech before congress on 9/14 under the headline 'Barbara Lee Speaks for Me, and Millions More'.
These materials are available at Inkworks now, 2827 7th Street, Berkeley. We request a donation if possible to defray expenses and to print more, but it's not necessary. Our purpose is to get them into
circulation. We will reprint bulk orders at cost.
You will find the links to these flyers on the website below (in
jpeg and pdf format).
Take care, and be safe,
the Inkworks Collective
2827 Seventh Street
Berkeley CA 94710
Jacqueline Zeledon: A People on the Move spotlight — Milwaukee Business Journal
Education:“I'm a Big 10 graduate. I earned a bachelor of arts degree in communications at Purdue University and a master of science degree in integrated marketing communications from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.”.
Wedding: Kendra Vailes & Ben Aigamaua — Jackson Sun
He will receive his Master's of Science degree in Integrated Marketing Communications in May of 2015 from the University of Mississippi. He is currently working as a graduate assistant coach for offensive line at the University of Mississippi in Oxford.
typical example of integrated marketing communication(Chinese Edition)
Book (Zhejiang University Press)