Digital Marketing Communications MMU
David Edmundson-Bird: Programme Director
David had a significant career building and managing new media companies before moving into academia in 2002. Since joining MMU he has been instrumental in building the university’s connections with the digital industry and currently works with a number of organisations to help develop their strategic vision and skills development capabilities.
Brendan Keegan: Tutor, Unit One
Brendan has written and managed a large number of modules in the subject of digital marketing communications during his time at MMU, bringing his commercial experience to bear in the classroom. He is currently the Programme Director for the MSc in Internet Retailing, and is undertaking PhD research in the evaluation of social media campaigns.
Andrew Thomas: Tutor, Unit Two, and Founding Director at the green field
Andrew brings with him over twenty years’ experience in both client and agency-side roles, with much of his career spent at McCann-Erikson. He now works on a number of training, coaching and consulting projects with a particular focus on developing new talent for the digital industry. He also holds non-executive director positions at a number of digital organisations, is a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management and a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
Industry Guest Lecturers
We’ve secured support for the course from a great list of guest lecturers who will be contributing throughout the programme.
- Tony Foggett, MD and co-Founder at Code ComputerLove
- Andy Garner, Managing Director at MMS and former Head of Sales at News International
- Neil Martin, Commercial Director at Havas Lynx
- Cat Lewis, Owner, CEO and Executive Producer at Nine Lives Media
- Chris Conlan, MD at Love Creative
- Nicky Unsworth, CEO and Owner at BJL Group
- Neil McKay, CEO Lakestar McCann
- Ian Font, Director, Mustard Research
- Ben Hatton, MD of Digital Marketing Services at Trinity Mirror Group
- Peter Craven, Co-founder of Madhouse
- Liane Grimshaw, former MD at Amaze and Click Consult
- Rob Morrice, CEO EMEA and Asia at Stein IAS
- Charles Tattersall, Chief Executive at Citypress
- PK Vaish, MD at Livelink
- Martin Regan, Journalist and Founder Cheshire-Today.co.uk
- Andrew Diggle, Head of Content at Manchester United FC
- Julie Besbrode, Group Chris Executive, Fresh Approach
- Andy Barke, Agency Head at Google
- Alex Blaikley, Industry Head Google/YouTube
- Karen Gee, Managing Director at Journeys of Distinction
Postgraduate Certificate in Digital Communications Management – guest lecturers
The following guest lecturers will be contributing to one unit or two of the Certificate as appropriate to the unit and their experience.
All of these lecturers have confirmed their agreement but neither MMU nor Prolific North may be held responsible if a guest lecturer is unable to contribute should unexpected circumstances arise.
Tony Foggett/Code. Tony is the MD of Code Computerlove, one of the UK’s leading independent digital agencies. The company employs 80 plus staff. His management team has evolved over time as it has had to cope with various challenging periods as it experienced rapid growth. Tony co-founded Code in 1999 and the agency has current sales of £4m plus.
You might also like
Here is a copy of my letter:by snapoutofit
Dear Mr Henninger,
I understand that you are Senior Vice President/General Manager of Comcast Cable Communications. I hope you are the correct person to address my letter to.
The November 2008 Comcast Digital Voice advertisement arrived in my mailbox recently. This glossy, 15 full pages packed with information about Comcasts products, sent to people in Oregon and SW Washington, outraged me. All I want is a lower rate per month for my $7.28 basic cable and $45.95 for High Speed internet charge. That is all. Not asking for much; certainly not anything fancy and glossy
On patience.(definition of patience in the context of fund-raising development): An article from: Fund Raising Management
Book (Hoke Communications, Inc.)
The new lobbying regulations: a federal definition of "fund raising." (part 1 of a two-part series) (Legal/Legislative Guide) (column): An article from: Fund Raising Management
Book (Hoke Communications, Inc.)
Development Kit for 720p HDTV.(Product Announcement): An article from: Display Development News
Book (Business Communications Company, Inc.)
ABI Research: HDTVs second most desired device next to smartphones is Asia-Pacific.(MARKET INTELLIGENCE): An article from: China Telecom
Book (Information Gatekeepers, Inc.)
Sales Mastery: The Sales Book Your Competition Doesn't Want You to Read