Digital Marketing Communications Certificate Program
Did you know 44% of direct mail is never opened and 90% of all purchase decisions begin online?
Advances in digital communications and social media have dramatically changed the way products and services are marketed and sold. These days, the name of the game is customer engagement. In order to remain ahead of the competition, today's marketing professional needs to understand the capabilities of new and emerging media platforms, how they influence consumer behavior and affect business decisions.
Cal State Fullerton's NEW Digital Marketing certificate program focuses on the development of skills required to build and sustain digital marketing campaigns. Throughout the six online courses, you will be working with a mock company from start to finish developing real-world digital marketing plans. The certificate consists of 6 required online courses totaling 120 hours of lecture and discussion resulting in about 4-5 hours of classwork per week. 12.0 Continuing Education Units will be awarded to the certificate graduate. The program can be completed in as little as 10 months. Each course lasts 4-6 weeks.
For optimal viewing of the course schedule below, please view on a tablet or desktop
Note: Click on the course title to view all available course sections. Hover over the colored labels to view where the course will be offered.
Winter / Spring 2014
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the Digital Marketing landscape and develop a digital marketing campaign.
- Understand the use and application of digital media platforms, communication tools, and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Identify key elements that influence online consumer behavior.
- Research and assess the range of communications opportunities.
- Assess online analytics and measurement.
- Understand team roles and responsibilities in the campaign process.
- Understand the latest laws and regulations governing communications and privacy.
- Articulate best practices and future trends.
- Marketing professionals
- Product, brand and marketing project managers
- General business managers
- Account and advertising executives, managers, and coordinators
- General marketing analysts and content managers
- Public relations and communications specialists and coordinators
- Programmers and other technology professionals who want an understanding of the infrastructure behind digital marketing
You might also like
Company Name Status Action
Online grocery and delivery service Closely held; backed by Hong Kong tycoon Jimmy Lai In December 2000, announced plans to shut down, lay off 334 employees
Online ad firm
Baltimore Closely held; backed by AOL and Reuters, among others In January 2001 announced plans to lay off 72 employees, or 25% of its staff
New York Public In December 2000, laid off about 190 employees
Hayward, Calif. Closely held; pulled IPO in June 2000 Laid off 100 in September 2000; shut down its services in January 2001
Palo Alto, Calif. Unit of CMGI Set plans in mid-September 2000 to lay off 200, or about one-quarter of staff; In January 2001, set plans to cut another 200 workers
Seattle Public …
Navigating Social Media Legal Risks: Safeguarding Your Business (Que Biz-Tech)
Book (Que Publishing)
Leadership and the Myth of Best Practices
YouTube Marketing Power: How to Use Video to Find More Prospects, Launch Your Products, and Reach a Massive Audience
HR best practices.(The Scoop on Recruiting): An article from: Agri Marketing
Book (Henderson Communications, LLC)
Talk to me: good communication as a business strategy: the cornerstone of franchisee communications is field support.(BEST PRACTICES IN FRANCHISE RELATIONS): An article from: Franchising World
Book (International Franchise Association)